Friday, August 7, 2009

Him

I woke up this morning and started playing with my contacts list. Adding pictures, editing birthdays, attaching notes to the special people. I got to HIM. said things i'd had rolling around in my head. then i read mancee's post, which inspired me to write this one.

everyone has in their head what that ONE will be like. whether or not u've voiced it or written it down, there are certain things that that PERSON just HAS to have. HE had so many of it. so very many. that boy just GOT me. but he was a first class whore. cheated on me from like the first day. i stuck with it. did the long distance thing cuz....get this......HE wanted to. and then i got tired of the doubts. the brush-offs. the one-sided communication. i broke it off. we stayed in touch. remained firm friends. then i have people calling me.

"so you're getting married."
"huh?"
"o HE told us he's getting married. figured it was you. "
"ummm we broke up remember?"
"..............so what's new these days huh? how's the weather n all..........."

so i ask him. he's like o yeah i am. next dec. really? cool. to whom? wait, isnt that the girl we fought over? that u denied seeing? congratulations. come for your wedding? sure! send me the details.

no, i dont attend the wedding. but we're still friends. talked all the way up to his wedding. are you excited? what changes are you making? yeah, marriage is scary but you're happy all that matters.

she's about to have his baby. i'm putting together a care package for the tot. i'm clinically insane. yes. but i love him. like a brother. a friend. for pretty obvious reasons i'm not in the least bit hurt he's with her (ok ok it hurt like hell!!.........but only 4 a little while. riiiiiiiight).

thing is, despite all the drama (and believe me! there was PLENTY of it) HIM even existing means that my list is too realistic. that those unvoiced things that i want, i can get them. yeah i'm holding HIM as an ideal, but only in the way that yes, my ideal can exist. hopefully my one true HIM wont have the holes this pseudo-HIM has.........eeerr had! i meant HAD. he's married now, a changed man he says.

hmph..........

14 comments:

Roc said...

Sounds like you don't believe him.. :(

They do say everyone has 'the ONE' out there somewhere..

Sadly no one says who 'they' are..

CaramelD said...

We are all looking, surely one day huh? Wouldn't it be cool if we had Sat Nav/GPS that would help you. Something like "After 2 years, turn right at your new job, second manager at the bottom of your corridor, you have reached your destination (The One)"!! LOL

incoherent said...

lol @ caramelD o if only!!

@ rocnaija my lawyers have advised i not answer that question.......

Muse said...

incoherent my dear, you, are now an official member of my club.

welcome.

Muse said...

incoherent my dear, you, are now an official member of my club.

welcome.

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

touchy, touchy topic for me...

ManCee said...

That crap about The 'one' One ia a whole lotta bollock. That kinda screwed up andersen fairy tale level thinking is what gets you chasing shadows long for years after they are long gone.

@Caramel, lol ...manager eh?whareva happened to the other broda...? *chuckle*

ps:Nice of you Inco to link to me. Be careful there, you dont wanna be linked to the King of Wierd.
lol

ManCee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nice Anon said...

Mancee.. no be you she bin "hack" into? LOL make una leave me oo!

CarameID: I hear you! I so wish there is a sat nav indeed! I REALLY wish so

ManCee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ManCee said...

Sat Nav Inco's gangrened foot (snicker)...I think one of the 'correctest' thots I've heard on the matter is this from a friend
"May you never use your wife as a girlfriend or your girlfriend as a wife"
lol

Myne said...

When are you updating?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hey you, hope all is well

incoherent said...

hi sol....sorry girl ur name to long lol :)

@ myne i'm racking my brain o! will update soon