Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mini Me

My girl Ottilia is ripping her adopted country a new one in her most recent post. Please read and reply. She will also be on eNews this Saturday at 10:30 am our time on Ch 420 on DSTV. Not exactly sure we get that channel over here, but if we do, be sure to tune in!

No, this isnt a shameless plug for my mini me. This is just a reminder of what and how we should all be feeling about this great continent of ours. Her post "Do you know who you love?" speaks of exactly how I feel about my country and my color and my race. Fierce patriotism is not an embarrassment or a thing to hide. I have friends who are fiercely loyal to Liverpool despite their sad performances and yet they are unable to garner just a fraction of that enthusiasm for their motherland/fatherland and heritage. Why is this? Despite our many faults and shortcomings, this land is OURS. And we should love and honor and cherish it. Many people wonder what you see in that man or woman or your wayward child. And yet you ignore what you see or has been said or thought. Turn your nose up and are like "those guys just don't see you the way I do". then you hold that one closer and keep hoping and praying and doing what you can to make it so everyone finally sees what it is you see.

Ok. My gen is complaining. I cant blog like I want to because I cannot remember how it is to enjoy electricity anymore. But oh well.....

3 comments:

Rashid said...

Very interesting

ManCee said...

Hmmm...
which kain gen u dey use?
'I-betta-pass-my-neighbor'?
lol
Are you still in naija?

incoherent said...

he's baaaaaaaaack!! yaaaaay! n yes i am still here. sigh