Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Unsolved Mysteries

A lot of people get asked, if you could have a conversation with God, what would you talk about? For me I would want an explanation to these eternal nagging questions:
1. What happened to Amelia Earhart?
2. Who took the Lindberg baby and why? Or did the baby never leave the house at all?
3. Was Jimmy Hoffa really killed? And where did they hide his body if he was?
4. What happened on the Marie Celeste?
5. Was there a second gunman on that grassy knoll?

Those are the true mysteries of life. Knowing anything else would take all the fun out. A life without pain and suffering means you never learn endurance. Heartbreak helps you recognize love when you see it. I'm always scared about heaven. At the risk of sounding sacrilegeous, the truth is I've always felt heaven would be boring. There would be no books to read. No movies to watch. No music to listen.....except instrumentals. On HARPS no less! And seriously, how long can the awe of God's presence last before it wears a little thin?We're talking eternity here guys.
Human existence is about finding your way. Finding your fundamental truth. It's what we write about. What we create music about. It's what we go to visit cinemas to watch. Buy video games to play. I've hurt. I've cried. I've asked God why. But, having him answer that, well it would be like being given the answers to a crossword puzzle. The fun is being able to figure it out on your own. So yeah, if God were to come, I wouldn't ask him how to cure cancer. That's what my phd is for. Instead I would want to know what really happened in that bunker where Hitler was supposed to have committed suicide. And did OJ really do it?

5 comments:

CaramelD said...

First of all who said there will be harps in heaven? I don't get that. I mean really where did this harp thing come from? SO random. I like the idea that heaven would be each person's favourite experience, so for me it would be a bookstore, with a cafe and a karaoke bar in the corner.

I would ask God how he can keep loving us when we are quite frankly...all rubbish and I would ask him why I my hair line refuses to grow back and I would finally ask him what he thinks about religion.

I do not think heaven would be boring and harps or electric guitar, I would take it over hell any day!

incoherent said...

thats nice abt heaven being ur fave thing. cuz for m it wld be music n books. not bothered by anyone except the one i love. (yep even in heaven i'd still be antisocial!)

Upacut-1977 said...

Nice post. No need to ask if OJ did it... he did. Anyone who hasn't come to terms with that is living the dream my friend.

http://lifesopredictable.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Let me answer your question:

'And seriously, how long can the awe of God's presence last before it wears a little thin?'

You don't know the half of it! I have been in His presence right here on earth and nothing beats it.
Its amazing!

What we do on this earth is get occupied for the enemy most times, yu won't miss it much once you find out how good the presence of God is.
When i say 'Lord you are beautiful' it is because i know He is. He is amazing, it beats seeing the most beautiful gal in the world. You just need to seek Him more...

incoherent said...

uh thanks tisha but this is FOREVER we're talking about. seriously. there has got to be something for me to do