Sunday, February 8, 2009

Desperately Seeking a New Job

So my current job is poised to end. There are several reasons for this, some of them my fault. The most important thing is, I HAVE BILLS TO PAY. I need to find another source of gainful employment as soon as humanly or even divinely possible.

Sadly, my talents are severly limited (one can even say non-existent). I can speak several languages, but none as fluently as would get me paid. I have rudimentary computer experience, but not enough to be considered proficient. I have extensive teaching experience.....but if I was that good at it, I would be currently be losing my job would I? I have limited research experience, too limited to be even considered for a research position. I have two science based degrees and I would love to get two more............but my funding source has dried up.

Ideally, I would love to win a million dollars and just invest and do nothng for the rest of my life. I cant sing, I'm not even remotely cute, and I suck ass at sports. So forget any opportunities there of making any money. What to do? How to do it? I need to quit whining, buckle down,......and do what exactly? There are many things I must be good at. But of what good are they to people who mete out salaries? You know I can understand why people think things through and their logical conclusion is that their life should be unceremoniously discontinued. It would solve a lot of problems I think. I'm not married, no kids. Just have this one nagging debt.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Freaksho said...

it's always good to see you so cheerful! :)
but seriously, inco. let's be objective here. skills? qualifications? neither of these got me my job. hgoing out on a limb did. that and a whole lot prayer! the way it is i reckon ur old job HAS to end for you to get something new, right? else you'd stay in that comfort zone with that inadequate salary forever.
what's happening is transition; ur about to move to something better.
u have to believe it for it to happen, babe...

incoherent said...

thanks love. i am cheerful arent i? :)

Muse said...

usually, when you start getting "PMSsy" over your present job, it's a good sign (sorta) that you gotta move - and by move, we're talking upward.

Waiting to read the post on your new (and better-paying) job.ing

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Well, you write well. A good writer is always in need.

Wish you the best of luck, my sista.