Saturday, September 17, 2016

Confusion

What makes a relationship? How do you decide that you like someone? How do you know you're dating? How do you behave when you're in a relationship with someone?

I think I have been alone for so long I have no idea how any of it works. I don't remember what constitutes a relationship. What do a boyfriend and a girlfriend do? Only thing I am familiar with these days is the sex. I have emotions, but I am not sure what those are supposed to signify. 

Of course, me being me, I haven't brought this up. Haven't expressed myself, laid my cards out and say exactly how I feel. I need to; just so it's out there and I'm free. But what would I say? I have tried to analyse, be certain of what it is I'm feeling. I do not know what I want, other than this basic primal need.

It won't go away. I have tried. My usual abstaining period is two weeks. My need wears me down by then. A sweeping declaration helped me do two and a half months once, but my need told me pride was stupid. I always indulge my cravings.

Here I am, here I stand. Thoughts fighting to be expressed. But no words yet to describe how I feel, what I want. That's it really, it is not the fear of the impending rejection. I have made peace with that. We do not want the same thing. But somehow, I don't know what it is I feel, or what exactly I want to do with it. 

Should I remain in limbo and let come what may come? If I elect to take a stance, where do I want my feet planted? How would I like it all to play out? I want to just let go and walk away; allow the inevitable divide to begin. Let the forgetting, the slow fade into vague memories happen. But I resist.

I am not ready for it to end. 

No comments: